Social media is an important tool that can be used as a channel for disseminating time-sensitive information as quickly as possible and as a communications tool which increases the ability of the Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department (“Department”) to broadcast its messages to the widest possible audience and include new audiences that don’t rely on traditional media channels. Social media can help us build our community, improve knowledge, solve problems, and provide a better understanding of the work we do in the Department.
This policy governs all sites and websites of the Contra Costa County Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department.
The comments from the public expressed on our social media channels do not reflect the opinions of the Department, nor do we approve the content of any public postings or commentary on our social media channels. You, as the poster, are responsible for the content of your messages.
Our social media channels are limited to discussion of matters related to the Department and its mission. We welcome all comments, questions, and concerns about these topics that foster discussion and communication. To further this goal, the Department reserves the right to delete comments, without notice, that contain:
- Electioneering for or against candidates or issues
- Information affiliated with political campaigns
- Confidential information
- Content that is unrelated to the post or work done by the Department
- Personal attacks
- Highly repetitive posts that amount to harassment
- Obscenity, profanity and vulgar language
- Promotion of discrimination
- Indication or encouragement of illegal activity
- Advocacy of violence
- Spam or links to unrelated sites
- Promotions of particular services, products or political candidates or organizations
- Infringement of copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations
- Personal or sensitive information (social security numbers, credit card numbers, medical information, account numbers, banking information, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses and similar materials).
Continued or egregious postings of this sort may prompt the Department to further restrict your commenting on official Department social media platforms. The Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department’s use of external social media is provided as a public service.
The Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department disclaims liability for ads, videos, promoted content or comments accessible from any external web page. The responsibility for external content or comments rests with the organizations or individuals providing them. Any inclusion of external content or comments on social media sites does not imply endorsement by Contra Costa County nor the Clerk-Recorder-Elections Department.