APPLE 2.0 IS HERE!
APPLE is back in 2019! We’ve revamped the content to make it relevant for first-time attendees and returners alike. APPLE 2.0 helps poll workers:
- Be comfortable with the use of the Ballot Marking Device.
- Have a better understanding of accessibility and who it applies to.
- Recognize barriers and fix them to ensure the polling place is accessible throughout the day.
Within the first two months, almost 400 poll workers attended APPLE 2.0.
If you’re a current poll worker, sign up for an APPLE 2.0 class through your worker portal.
APPLE received the Election Center’s 2018 Independence Award for Outstanding Professional Practice, recognizing innovation in voter accessibility. Read the news release.
THE ORIGINAL ACCESSIBLE POLLING PLACE LOCATIONS AND EQUIPMENT CLASS
In January 2018 we debuted a new class dedicated to all aspects of polling place accessibility called Accessible Polling Place Locations and Equipment (APPLE). 830 poll workers attended the original award-winning class.
APPLE introduces poll workers to:
- How our office surveys sites for compliance with federal and state accessibility standards;
- Using items, such as ramps and signs to make polling places accessible;
- Creating a welcoming environment for all voters;
- Setting up and using a ballot marking device with accessible features; and
- Identifying potential accessibility issues on Election Day.
Are you an election official interested in learning more? Use the following links to download and review the APPLE Class materials.