APPLE received the Election Center’s 2018 Independence Award for Outstanding Professional Practice, recognizing innovation in voter accessibility. Read the news release.
THE NEW ACCESSIBLE POLLING PLACE LOCATIONS AND EQUIPMENT CLASS
In 2018 we debuted a new class dedicated to all aspects of polling place accessibility called Accessible Polling Place Locations and Equipment (APPLE).
APPLE introduces poll workers to:
- How our office surveys sites for compliance with federal and state accessibility standards;
- Using items, such as ramps and signs to make polling places accessible;
- Creating a welcoming environment for all voters;
- Setting up and using a ballot marking device with accessible features; and
- Identifying potential accessibility issues on Election Day.
In addition to national recognition we’re hearing great things from attendees!
If you’re a current poll worker, sign up for an APPLE class through your worker portal.
Are you an election official interested in learning more? Use the following links to download and review the APPLE Class materials.PowerPoint