THE NEW ACCESSIBLE POLLING PLACE LOCATIONS AND EQUIPMENT CLASS
In 2018 we debuted a new class dedicated to all aspects of polling place accessibility. It’s called Accessible Polling Place Locations and Equipment (APPLE) and covers:
- How our office surveys sites for compliance with federal and state accessibility standards;
- Using items, such as ramps and signs to make polling places accessible;
- Creating a welcoming environment for all voters;
- Setting up and using a ballot marking device with accessible features; and
- Identifying potential accessibility issues on Election Day.
We’re hearing great things from attendees!
If you’re a current poll worker, sign up for an APPLE class through your worker portal.
Use the following links to download and review the APPLE Class materials.