Do you have a knack for taking great photos? Are you an aspiring photographer or do you just enjoy taking pictures with your smartphone? Do you like to be civically engaged? If you answered yes to any of these, then our photo contest is for you! Your photo could be seen by over 700,000 Contra Costa residents!
We invite photographers of all ages and skill levels to participate in our Voter Information Guide Photo Contest. The theme for the 2022 Voter Information Guide photo is “What I love about Contra Costa.”
Applications and photos can be submitted from November 19th, 2021 through 11:59 pm PST January 19th, 2022 via SurveyMonkey.
Photograph entries will be judged on expression of theme, technical execution, originality, and composition.
The first place winner’s picture will be printed on the cover of the June 2022 Contra Costa Voter Information Guide, which is mailed to over 700,000 voters. The second place winner will have their photo featured on our November 2022 Contra Costa Voter Information Guide, and the third place winner will have their picture featured on our website.
The photo size is 5.5” x 3.5”; larger photos will be cropped. Photos must be digital and black and white.
A complete application includes:
- A completed written application here.
- A black and white photo/no color photos will be accepted.
- A submission can be no larger than 15MB.
- A submission must be at least 240 dpi.
- Photos must be formatted as a .JPEG or .jpg file.
- Entries are due by 11:59pm PST on January 19, 2022. If you have any questions, please email us at Outreach@cr.cccounty.us or call 925-335-7805.