Upcoming voter deadlines
- 04/03/2020Voter Information Guide and Ballots Available
- 04/20/2020Registration Deadline
- 05/02/2020Last Day to Request Vote by Mail Ballot
- 05/05/2020Last Day to Return or Mail a Vote by Mail Ballot
- 05/05/2020Election Day
● Place the ballot in the return envelope.
● Sign and seal the envelope. Your ballot will not be counted if it is unsigned or signed by someone else.
● Mail your ballot in the enclosed postage-paid envelope as early as possible. It must be postmarked no later than Election Day.
● Return your ballot at any time using the exterior drop box in front of the Elections Office at 555 Escobar Street, Martinez.
● For assistance or to vote in person, our office hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm and on Election Day from 7am-8pm.
● To request an accessible Vote by Mail ballot, email AVBM@vote.cccounty.us
This is an All-Mail Special Election. There are no polling places for this election.
May 5, 2020 – Vote by Mail Special Election
Drawing for Manual Ballot Count
After each election, one percent of the ballots cast are pulled randomly and counted by hand to verify that the scanners correctly read the ballots (Election Code 15360).
On Wednesday May 6, the Contra Costa Elections Division will hold a public drawing to select the vote by mail batches that will be manually counted from the May 5, 2020 Special Election. The drawing will be held at 9:00 am at Elections Office at 555 Escobar St. in Martinez. For more information, call 925-335-7800.