Military personnel outside the county and citizens outside the country may request a Vote by Mail ballot. You can verify your voting status and address on our Voter Registration Lookup.
To receive a ballot:
- If you requested to receive your VBM ballot via email, your email will direct you to the Voting Away from Home Lookup to download your ballot.
- If you prefer, you can get your VBM ballot by fax or mail.
- If you have not received your ballot, you can use the Voting Away from Home lookup to download your ballot.
To request to receive your ballot by email send us your request in writing. Your request must contain your full name, email address and it must have your signature.
To return a ballot:
- By fax: 00-1-925-335-7843.
- By mail:
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY CLERK
P.O. Box 271
Martinez, CA 94553.
- If you return your ballot by mail, the ballot must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received within three days of the Election to be considered timely.
- If you return your ballot by fax to our office, it must arrive no later than 8:00 p.m. (P.S.T.) on Election Day.
- The ballot can only be returned by mail or fax. California law does not allow voted ballots to be returned via email.