You may be under 18 years of age and not registered to vote, but under the “Youth with a Vision” program (YWAV) you can still serve during the election. In addition, a student will receive a stipend for assisting.
- Must be 16 years of age at the time of the election.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Obtain written permission from your parents or guardians to participate in the program.
- Consult with your principal or your assistant principal to let you participate in the program.
- Must arrive on time at the assigned voting site.
- To participate in the program, complete and submit a Student Poll Worker Application. Parents or guardians and principal or assistant principal must sign the form.
- Attend the Poll Worker Training class before Election Day.
- After you are selected, you will be assigned to a polling place location and given instructions to attend Poll Worker training.