Attention all high school students: Did you know that you can still participate in the Elections process… and make $125?
Contra Costa County offers high school students the opportunity to work on Election Day as poll workers.
Under the “Youth With A Vision” program, you can receive a stipend for assisting us, along with fulfilling community service requirements and adding experience to your resume!
Perhaps, most importantly, you get to be a part of the community and see democracy in action.
Here are the rules to participate. A student:
- Must be 16 years of age at the time of the election.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or a Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Obtain written permission from your parents or guardians to participate in the program.
- Consult with your principal or your assistant principal to let you participate in the program.
- If application is approved, must complete training.
- Must arrive on time at the assigned voting site.