You can be one of the important elements of an election by being a poll worker. The information below will outline how you can actively be a part of our team.
- You must be 18 years old, a U.S. citizen, and a registered voter in California or a non-citizen with permanent resident status who would otherwise be eligible to vote.
- You must be physically and mentally able to work with people and do the assigned tasks.
- You will help set up the voting place, assist voters, and closing the polls,
- You will need to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- You must be able to lift 25-50 pounds.
- Must be able to follow written instructions.
- You must have dependable transportation to the training and to the polls.
- You attend Poll Worker training before Election Day.
- Working hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- To apply, complete the Poll Worker Application.
- After you are selected, you will be assigned to a polling place location and given instructions to attend Poll Worker training.
- You will receive a stipend based on the position and duties performed.