The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors has approved the Employee as Volunteer Poll Worker Program. This program allows Department Heads to release available employees to work at the polls on Election Day. In addition to an employee’s regular pay, participant will receive a stipend.
- Complete the County Worker Application
- Obtain approval from Department Head or their Designee.
- Fax approved / signed application to Poll Workers Section (925) 335-7839
- You must attend training.
- The employee will work at an assigned polling place in Contra Costa County from 6:00 a.m. to approximately 9:00 p.m. Part time positions are NOT AVAILABLE.
- Must work at the voting place from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Basic Training – There are Basic Training Workshops that are required for people who have never served before. Additionally there will be a regular training that all clerks and inspectors are required to attend. Please contact our office for more information.
- Equipment Training – All inspectors will need to be certified on the Election Equipment for the 2016-17 Election years. The Equipment Certification Classes (ECC) are open to both inspectors and clerks, but is is only a requirement to be an inspector.
- $230 flat rate
- $125 flat rate
- $10 to bilingual volunteer if placed at a polling place that requires bilingual assistance (English/Spanish)
Elections Division – County Employee Poll Worker Volunteer Program
555 Escobar Street, Martinez CA 94553
If you cannot take the day off and would like to work at the Election Office after work on Election Night, you do not need management approval. Return this form and we will contact you with further information.