Vote By Mail Application/InformationIf you would like to request a VBM ballot, please select from the links below:
Any registered voter in California can request a Vote by Mail Ballot from the 29th day to 7th day prior to an election, provided the voter makes the request in writing, states his/her residence address, indicates the election, and signs the request. (E.C. 3001, 3003, 3200)
If for any reason you cannot download the PDF form or complete the on-line application, you may apply for a Vote by Mail Ballot as follows,
- On plain paper:
- Print your name, phone number where you can be reached during the day, and your Contra Costa residence address.
- If different, list the address you want your ballot to be mailed to.
- Indicate that you are requesting a Vote By Mail Ballot and the election date.
- Sign your name.
- Mail your request to:
- Elections Department
- P.O. Box 271
- Martinez, CA 94553
- Fax your request to:
- (925) 335-7838
- You can also request a Vote by Mail ballot by:
- Filling in the application attached to your sample ballot
- Apply in person at the Contra Costa Elections Department at 555 Escobar St., Martinez, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.