- Primary Election. In the Primary Election you vote for the representative candidate of your political party for President, Vice President and the county central committee. For all other partisan races the Top Two vote getting candidates meet in a run-off in the General Election. Nonpartisan countywide races, State propositions, and local measures may be included. Primary Elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in June every even year.
- General Election. It is held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of every even year. It includes contests and offices in the Federal, State, County, cities and towns, and special districts. You can vote for candidates of any party regardless of your party preference or lack of party affiliation. The presidential election is included every four years. State propositions and local measures may be included as well.
- Special Election. This type of election is usually initiated by local governments and districts. Only certain Tuesdays can be used to hold this type of election based on established election dates.
- Polling Places. Every effort is made to locate a polling place that is accessible in your precinct. Wheelchair accessibility, adequate parking, threshold ramps and signs are used to facilitate your visit.
- Equipment. The AutoMark machine will mark your ballot and assist you with large print, braille, and audio guides. Magnifying devices are also available.
- Services. The poll workers will assist you at your request. Curbside voting and voting by mail are other options.
- Website. Every effort is made to make this website accessible to voters with disabilities following State and Federal guidelines.
- Contact us. If you have questions or need assistance, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (925) 335-7873.
The Election Division has multi-lingual staff at the office and the polls.
This website can be converted to Spanish by selecting the “Español” button at the top of your screen.
Contact us by email at email@example.com or call us at (925) 335-7873 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Si tiene cualquier pregunta o necesita ayuda, póngase en contacto con nostros enviándonos un correo electrónico al firstname.lastname@example.org o llamándonos al (925) 335-7873.